Now that I have my very own design wall I am finally able to start laying out Marc's Quilt that the members of the Sewn Together Bee helped me to make. I have all the blocks, save four, and as I started to lay it all out we notched that only one person decided to make a block that laid the stripes out agains the grain of the wood material.
I played around with a few different layouts and Marc decided that he wanted a few more circles laid out agains the grain integrated into the quilt. I hadn't made any blocks of my own for this quilt yet because I wanted to see how it all came together first. I made two more blocks for the quilt, both with stripes against the grain to pepper into the design.
Everything is now up on the wall and I'm playing around with different layouts. I am going to hold off for another week or so before I start putting it together because two stray blocks are on their way home to me but I should be able to start piecing the top together very soon. I am so excited!