Over the weekend I was able to piece all the little stars for my PTS6 project. So last night I pieced the larger, center star, played with the layout and pieced the whole top together. So I swapped my 1/4" foot for my walking foot and went to work on quilting it. Initially I was going to alternate aqua and lime thread in the quilting but once I got started I opted for the "less-is-more" approach and kept it simple with basic aqua echo quilting around the stars.
The LAMQG is also revealing out Habitat Challenge projects at our November meeting. The rules are simple. We have to make a quilted item using any of Jay's fabrics from the Habitat line and the only fabrics we're allowed to otherwise add are solids.
It's all quilted. I just need to finish it off now. I definitely stepped out of my comfort zone with this one! The big reveal will be coming in November.
And for the first time, in what seems like months I'm linking up with Lee!