And to get to know me a little better here are five things you might not know about me:
1) I was a professional actor (theatre) for twenty years, but I retired over ten years ago. Despite being uninhibited on stage, I can be pretty shy in person, until I get to know you. For me acting was about an artistic expression of myself, not about trying to be famous. If I could have paid my bills doing Shakespeare and musical theatre for the rest of my life I wouldn't have retired so young.
2) I have lived in a lot of places: Diamond Bar, Chico & Los Angeles, California / Oxford, England / Iowa City, Iowa / New York City / Chicago, Illinois... It's hard for me to pinpoint my "hometown".
3) I have no desire to be on television, but I would love to be on Survivor or the Amazing Race if they were just experiences, not being filmed. I like to test myself and see how far I can go. I'm pretty tenacious when I want to be and tend to embrace challenges full throttle.
4) I often dream about my "alternate life", you know that dream you let go of early on to pursue another one. In alternate life I would have lived around the world when I was young, working as a adventure travel guide, then gone into the Peace Corps and likely ended up in Africa working for a non-profit and doing relief work for a living.
5) While I couldn't play team sports to save my life, I did ride and show horses competitively until I was 18 years old. I wanted to continue into adulthood, but my horse passed away from cancer my senior year of high school and my life went in a different direction after that.
How about you? Are you going? Let me know if you are and want to meet up. It's gonna be fun!